Monday, June 19, 2017

My favorite Bob Ross quotes - Monday Motivation

I hate to admit it but when Bob Ross was on television I was not a fan. Something about the show drove me nuts, never sure if it was his voice, the way he painted, maybe it was too quiet - I couldn't put my finger on it.

Looking back from where I stand now I would say it was watching someone paint - when I was barely touching art supplies. I had been convinced by others - and then myself - that it wasn't a worthwhile pursuit.  Sadly, I went through the better part of a decade creating no art. 
It was a mistake.
Just as it was a mistake that it took me so long to appreciate Bob Ross.  ("but there are no mistakes, only happy accidents.")

Now I create art pretty much on a daily basis, and though I don't watch his videos - I love reading his quotes and his thoughts on art and life - All gems!

These are some of my favorites:


--> “The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.”


-->
"Whatever makes you happy, you put in your world."
 

-->"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do."
"You need the dark in order to show the light."

-->
"Trees don’t grow even, they don’t grow straight… just however it makes them happy."

"
-->Create your own world right here on the canvas."

-->
“Just let go — and fall like a little waterfall.”

 And my all-time favorite....
"Every day is a good day when you paint!" 


I am off to follow Mr. Ross's advice.  I hope you enjoy your day and spend some time doing what you love!

You can find more of my art in my Etsy shop Erin Go Paint.
Or check out my daily illustrations on Instagram







  -->

No comments: